So... It's not too late. You can join the blogging challenge too! Jump in, have a go, participate. Especially with two weeks of school holidays to get you started if you are in New Zealand. You can sign up here.
My top tips for a blogging challenge:
- Preplan the day before when you will blog.
- Set a timer. The 28 minutes challenge from Tom Barrett was particularly good. It forced me to write long enough to explain a single idea well. Hence, some of the more difficult to explain thoughts that had been drifting around in my head, were distilled to manageable chunks.
- Use photos. A great way to blog if you are pressed for time is to take a couple of photos you would like to share and then caption those.
- Try and push your creativity. Draw something. Annotate something. Review something. Try something new. Creativity is all about risk taking.
- Because your mind will be looking for ideas to blog about, you might find that inspiration hits at weird times (the shower, in the car, whilst trying to concentrate in a meeting). Record those ideas as they are great to go back to when you are stuck.
Good luck to all the other A to Z participants. Check out the #atozchallenge hashtag to see what they are sharing.